Have you been bothered as a frequent Instagram user because you cannot comment on certain posts on Instagram and you want fixes for “Instagram comments on this post have been limited?” Dive into this article and let us give you the best fixes for the issue you are facing with your Instagram.
Instagram has various limitations for several activities and features on the app and the comment section is not exempted. Instagram comments can be blocked because Instagram is stopping you from commenting on a particular post of certain people.
It may be worrying when you are interested in sharing your views or your opinion on a particular post. Still, Instagram is not permitting you to participate in the comment section of that particular post. If you find this one of the many issues you encounter using the Instagram app, then do not hesitate to read through the entire article.
You may see other comments or no comments at all on the post and that may be sometimes problematic. Now join us to feed you all the fixes for this issue you are facing with the Instagram app.
Why Do I See Comments on this Post have been Limited?
When you see the alert that Instagram comments on this post have been limited, you should know that you are either expected to be a follower of that particular Instagram user who made that post, or the user has turned off the comment section to allow other Instagram users to comment on the post.
The Instagram user may choose to stop other users from commenting on his or her post due to spam, violating languages on the post, harassment, and other activities that are not entertaining on the post. When this happens, the user selects a specific audience that can comment on the post.
Other reasons for seeing that comments on a particular post have been limited, or you cannot see any comments for a certain post, maybe that the Instagram user who made the post has deleted the comments on the post. It may also be that Instagram is only showing a few of the comments on the post and tapping the comment bar to view more will give you access to see more of the comments.
Sometimes when you go beneath a post and you want to comment, you may see errors such as “Comments on this post have been limited”, “Comment blocked” or “Couldn’t post. Tap to retry”. This may be as a result of restrictions posed by the owner of the post but there may be other factors hindering you from commenting.
You should also bare in mind as an Instagram user who faces this Issue with Instagram comments on certain posts, that the issue may be self-inflicted and you are expected to resolve certain issues on your device that has affected the Instagram comments from showing.
Below are the enlisted reasons why you see comments on certain posts limited on Instagram:
- Network connection problems with the Instagram app.
- You are not a follower of the user on the Instagram app.
- You only see top comments.
- Instagram apps and cache.
- The user’s restrictions on the post.
- The user has deleted comments on the post.
- Outdated Instagram app on the device.
How to Fix “Instagram Comments on this Post have been Limited”
1. Update the Instagram App or Reinstall the Instagram App
You are expected as an Instagram user to update your Instagram app from time to time so that you can be allowed to access the new features on the app as well as the new rules that the updates come with. Instagram has cautioned that for the app to work smoothly, users must endeavor to download the newest update of the Instagram app available.
Therefore, if you are having issues with Instagram comments, then you should not hesitate to update the Instagram app on Google Playstore or App store, or better still, reinstall the app to get the latest version.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Instagram app:
- Close all apps running in the background including the Instagram app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device
- Search for Instagram in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Clos the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Instagram app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Instagram on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of “Instagram comments on this post have been limited”.
2. Check if You Have Used More than Five Mentions in Your Comment
It is imperative to know that Instagram does not permit more than five mentions in a comment section. This means that you cannot use the @ symbol together with the username of certain Instagram users more than five times.
For that matter, if you have mentioned other users on Instagram more than five times, Instagram does not permit you to comment on the post. Therefore you may receive the message “Instagram comments on this post have been limited”.
You can now be permitted to comment on the post if you make only up to five mentions or less in the comment section of that particular post. If that is done, you may have your issue resolved since you are not mentioning more than five users this time.
But if you still want to mention more than five users under that particular post, then you should make more than one comment which will permit you to mention five users for each comment you make.
Another important thing to know is that Instagram does not permit more than thirty tags in a comments section. This means that you are not allowed to use the # symbol together with some words of certain trends on Instagram more than thirty times.
Due to that, if you have used hashtags more than thirty times, Instagram will definitely not permit you to comment on the post. You will then receive “Comment blocked”, stopping you from posting the comment.
You can now be allowed to comment on the post if you make only up to thirty mentions or less in the comment section of that particular post. If you do that, it may be the solution to the problem you are facing with the Instagram comment section.
4. Check if Your Comment Includes Filtered Words
Instagram does not permit the use of hash words or violating languages on the app. Therefore, when some words or phrases are used by certain users, Instagram does not permit them. Instagram actually has a list of words and phrases that violated the terms and community guidelines that you are not supposed to use.
Therefore, if you use any of these words or phrases in the comment section, your comment will not be posted on Instagram. You should check if the comment you are trying to post is not one that violates the terms and guidelines of Instagram. If it is then change it quickly to get your comment posted. If not, you will continue to face the issue.
5. Check if the Comment is A Spammed One
Whenever there is spam activity on the Instagram app, it is banned on the app because spamming is actually strictly prohibited on the app. Therefore if the comment you are posting under that particular post is a spammed one, do not expect Instagram to post it.
This means that the comment you are posting should be one that has not been used repeatedly by other users or yourself on either the same post or other posts. If it is a spammed comment, the “Comment blocked” pop-up error will appear. Therefore you must check that before posting the comment under the post on Instagram.
6. Check if the Limited Daily Comments on Instagram Have Been Exceeded
Another important thing you should know as an Instagram user is that Instagram limits the number of comments that can be made on a post within a day as a result of spam and bots. Therefore if your comments come after the exceeded comments limit in a day, they will not be posted.
On Instagram, you cannot add om roe than 180 to 200 comments on one post in a day. If this happens, you will receive the “Action Blocked” error from Instagram, which will prevent your comment from being posted. Therefore check that and if that is the case, you can decide to add your comment the next day.
7. Check if You Have Been Blocked by the User
As said earlier, if the Instagram user whom you are trying to comment on his or her post has blocked you, you will be prevented from commenting on the post. This is because when you are blocked by a user on Instagram, you are not allowed to engage or have any activity on the user’s post.
For that matter, you should endeavor to check if the user has blocked you on Instagram to be sure that you are not allowed to comment on the person’s post because you have been blocked by the user. To check if you have been blocked by the user, simply go to the search bar and search for the user.
If you see the profile of the user appears, then it means you have not been blocked by the user but if the user’s profile refuses to appear, you should know the user has blocked you. To be sure about this, you can search for the user on another Instagram account to know if the user still exists on the platform or if he or she has blocked you.
8. Check your Instagram account status
Instagram does not allow users to go comment on the app if their account has breached Instagram community guidelines. Instagram has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
Therefore, it is important to know that if you have breached any of the Instagram community guidelines, then you are going to be suspended from using the app efficiently or permanent removal from your Instagram account.
This is how to check whether your Instagram account has been suspended or removed.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- On your Instagram feed, tap on your Instagram profile.
- At your Instagram profile, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right of your profile.
- Tap on Settings.
- Look through and find “Account” and tap on it.
- Find “Account status” and tap on it.
- There, you will be told if you have posted anything that is affecting your account status.
9. Check if You Follow the User
Due to some restrictions that certain users put on their posts with regards to who can comment on their posts or not, you must be sure if you have been restricted from commenting on the post or otherwise. Some restrictions do not allow non-followers to comment on posts.
Therefore you must first check if you are a follower of the user who owns the post or not. If you are not a follower of the user, kindly follow the steps below to follow the user on Instagram.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Go to the Instagram search bar.
- Insert the username of the user.
- Tap on the user’s account and go to the profile.
- On the user’s profile, tap on “Follow”
- Now, try commenting on the post of the user if the comment will be posted.
How to Choose Who Can Comment on Your Post
Since you are also an Instagram user who usually posts content on the app to be viewed and engaged by other users, you may also want to put some restrictions on the post, especially with the comment section. We will aid you to enable who can comment on your post or not.
Therefore, if you want to choose who can comment on your post on Instagram, kindly follow the steps below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your android or iOS.
- Since you are already logged into the account, tap on your Profile account to go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right of your screen.
- Tap on Setting in the menu that you see.
4. Scroll down and tap on Privacy.
5. Now, under Privacy, tap on Comments.
6. Go to “Allow Comments From”.
7. Now choose the group of people who can comment on your post by tapping on that group in the section you see.
We are pretty sure you have now found a remedy to your problem with your Instagram comments not posting because you see “Comments on this post have been limited”.
Therefore you should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix Instagram comments on this post have been limited now, and know the reasons that caused you to beat yourself over the issue.
This article gives you direct guidelines to fix the issue and know how to go about your issue with your Instagram app with regard to your account in the comfort of your home.
Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix Instagram comments on this post have been limited, as well as how to choose who can comment on your Instagram post, in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.