Have you been bothered by seeing your Instagram live not working or your Instagram live not loading? Join us as we go through the reasons for that issue, and the best guidelines to curb your problem.
Most users have been wondering and questioning why they see their Instagram live not working. Instagram live is actually one feature that has helped many Instagram users to broadcast and interact with their followers on a live video.
After the release of the Instagram Live feature by Instagram, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of users of the Instagram app used to have. In as much as it increased the number of users, it also increased the number of complaints that users using the Instagram Live feature make.
The issue with the Instagram Live feature not working that most users have reported include:
- Instagram Live not showing up
- Instagram live is not loading
- Instagram live is not working on the iPad
- Instagram live is not working on PC.
- Instagram live not showing comments.
Why My Instagram Live Isn’t Working?
As said earlier, the Instagram live feature has a number of problems that many users have encountered. Users have experienced issues of Instagram live not working and obviously want to know the reasons that account for such misfortunes.
Actually, most of the reasons you face using the Instagram live feature is self-inflicted and you, therefore, need to check certain things on your side that is affecting the effective use of the Instagram live feature on your android, iOS, or even PC.
The reasons for your Instagram live not working have been enlisted below:
- Instagram server issues
- Poor Internet connectivity
- Outdated Instagram app.
- The outdated phone used to access Instagram
- Disabled camera.
How to Fix Instagram Live not Working on iPad, iPhone, Android, Safari or a Computer
1. Check Internet Connectivity
It is highly recommended that you have a very stable internet connection before you start the Instagram live feature. Therefore this is one of the quickest ways to deal with such issues with Instagram live.
As soon as you cannot go live on Instagram anymore, then you should know that it may be the cause of a low internet connection to load Instagram live. You have to check and make sure that you have enough internet connection to go live on the Instagram app.
When you lack a strong internet connection, it gives you very little or no chance to access the app, hence giving you problems like Instagram live not loading. To remedy this, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using www.fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
When you are done checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you are having a speed of your network ranging below 5Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very worrying.
Therefore it is advised that you get a better data location then you can try again to see if you still have your Instagram reels not showing.
2. Turn On and Off Your Airplane Mode
When you are done using the first troubleshooting option by checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize it is low but you have a good data allocation, then you can make the internet connection better by turning on and off the Airplane mode.
Turning on and off the Airplane mode is one of the best ways to check the internet connection and network problems with your mobile phone.
Most users of the internet who complained of network issues have tried this method and have brought very positive responses. Be sure to have your slow network checked if you try this step of troubleshooting With this, the network will go off automatically and it will come back probably stronger than before.
Try this by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone. Scroll through and find Connections.
2. After selecting Connections, tap on Flight mode and turn it off if it was mistakenly turned on. If it is off already, turn it on, wait for about a minute and turn it on again,
3. Try to start an Instagram live video and check if it is working now.
3. Relaunch the Instagram App
Another very quick and simple way to deal with such issues concerning Instagram live not working is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it. To do this, you must leave the Instagram app and clear all running apps in the background.
If you are using the web browser to access the Instagram app, you should clear the Instagram web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the Instagram app, relaunch the app and check if you still have your Instagram live not working.
3. Use the Instagram Web Version
After relaunching the Instagram app to solve the issue, using the process above and you still see Instagram live not working, then it may also be a problem with the Instagram application on your android or iOS device so you should consider launching Instagram with the use of the Instagram web on your browser.
By doing this, use the processes recommended as follows:
- Launch the browser on your phone or personal computer.
- Use the address bar to get to instagram.com and launch it.
- After launching Instagram via the Instagram web, open Instagram on your phone.
- Log in to your Instagram account using the Instagram web.
- Now check if you still have the issue of Instagram live not loading.
4. Check your Instagram account status
Instagram does not allow users to go live on the app if their account has breached Instagram community guidelines. Instagram has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
Therefore, it is important to know that if you have breached any of the Instagram community guidelines, then you are going to be suspended from using the app or permanent removal from your Instagram account.
You should check and know if your Instagram account has currently been banned or not.
This is how to check whether your Instagram account has been suspended or removed. If your account has been disabled by Instagram, you will see a message informing you that your account has been disabled when you try to log in to the app.
If the account has not been disabled but suspended too, you will be notified.
5. Check if the Instagram Sever is Down
As said earlier, it is not always that the issues you face with your Instagram live not working are your fault. . This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Instagram, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to log in to the app, upload a feed, upload Instagram stories, or go live on Instagram. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
Because of that, you should not hesitate to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Instagram” and check if they serve you with Instagram outage reports in your area.
Aside from this, you can also check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from Instagram about their app malfunctions.
6. Enable Instagram’s Access to the Camera
It is very necessary to make sure that your phone or PC’s camera has been connected to the Instagram app. The Instagram live feature depends on your camera to be able to stream on Instagram.
For that matter, it is impossible to go live on Instagram and you have disabled Instagram’s access to your phone’s camera. As an android user, follow the steps below to enable Instagram’s access to your phone’s camera.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Scroll through to find “apps’ and tap on it.
3. In this section, look for the Instagram app and tap on it
4. When it opens, tap on the App permissions.
5. At app permission, tap on the camera.
6. Enable the camera to work anytime you are using the app.
7. Try Using a VPN to Access Instagram
When you are done checking the status of the Instagram server and it is actually the fault of Instagram that you have an Instagram live problem, then you should find a temporal VPN and use it. Actually, the conditions of the temporal malfunction of the Instagram server may not be the entire world but just your region
Because of that, you should find a VPN to use temporarily, which will allow you to change your device’s IP address and use a new one, as though you are accessing the Instagram app in a different region. When you do that, you can simply load Instagram live now.
Make sure you cross-check the least affected regions concerning the malfunction of Instagram so that you use your VPN to connect to a different server.
To have a VPN that preferably works with the Instagram app, try NordVPN to access the app and successfully see your Instagram live working now.
8. Logout Instagram and Sign in Again
After checking to see if the fault is from Instagram and you realize it is rather self-inflicted, you should consider logging out of Instagram and signing in again. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile
- Search and tap on settings
- Scroll down to tap on log out of account
- After you’ve been successfully logged out, insert the correct password and username to log in to Instagram.
- Check out if you can now go live on Instagram.
9. Clear Instagram App Cache and Data
Many a time these issues we face such as Instagram live not loading is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Instagram app cache.
- Close the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on clear cache to clear the Instagram app cache
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Instagram account, you should try clearing cookies on the browser. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files.
- Click on clear data.
- All the cache and cookies will be cleared and you can access Instagram on the browser again.
10. Clear Browsing History or Data on Browser
After you have tried to clear the cache on the Instagram web and it is still to no avail, then you should try clearing browsing data or browser history. To do this, go by the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner
- Go to settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the box next to browsing history.
- Click on clear data.
Using the Safari OS to do this, follow the steps below:
- Select Safari on the menu bar.
- Select the option, “ Clear History”
- This will wipe off all browsing history from the Safari OS.
11. Update the Instagram App or Reinstall the Instagram App
If you are still facing issues with Instagram live not working on PC, android or iOS even after clearing the Instagram app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Instagram that does not permit you to use the app effectively and for that matter, you should update it as soon as possible so that you can log in to the app without facing issues like Instagram live not loading on your iPhone.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Instagram app:
- Close all apps running in the background including the Instagram app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device
- Search for Instagram in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Clos the Instagram app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Instagram app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Instagram on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Instagram live not working.
12. Login to Instagram on a Different Device or Browser
Most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as Instagram live not working.
Due to that, it is advised that you log out of the Instagram app on your phone if possible, and log in to another device or another browser. When using a browser to access the social media platform, it is advised that you use browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Safari browser.
We believe that it is highly possible that your Instagram account will work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of the different situations your device may find itself in.
13. Contact Instagram Support Centre
All of the above options on how to fix Instagram live not working to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very difficult to deal with the challenge of Instagram live not working on iOS, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Instagram Support Center.
They aid you to remedy the issue in the best way, answering questions like “Why is my Instagram live delayed?” or “Why am I not seeing comments on Instagram live?”
Finally, we advise that you visit their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue. You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile.
2. Scroll through the options and select Settings.
3. Scroll through the settings options and tap on Help.
4. Scroll through the Help options and Report a problem.
5. After choosing Report a problem, type your problem of either Instagram live not working, Instagram live not loading, or Instagram live not showing comments on iOS, android or PC.
Conclusion (Instagram Live not Working, Showing up or Loading)
This article dubbed, “How to fix Instagram live not working, showing up or loading” gives you the highest possible guidelines that you should not hesitate to check out any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix Instagram reels not showing, and knowing the reasons that caused you to trouble over the issue.
As outlined in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, lack of VPN, and the Instagram system being down among others.
Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix Instagram reels no sound in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.