Have you ever experienced TikTok profile picture not showing or updating or changing as a regular TikTok user? Then trust you’re at the exact place to find a remedy to this issue you may be facing with the social media app, which makes TikTok not working.
The TikTok app is one of the most used social media apps all over the world. Although it yelled its way into the system not long ago, users have not gotten over it and that is not happening anytime soon because of the extraordinary features that the TikTok app comes with.
You may only go to TikTok to create an account just to get access to see countless videos made by other TikTok users. The app has been a vital contributor to the fact that count number of users have become social media influencers across the world.
Some users are making a lot of money via the app because of the crowded space this app reaches among all other social media apps. Music, music videos, and lyrics these days do not need much promotion on many platforms.
They just have to pass them TikTok influencers, they will definitely carry on with making the song trend like never before. Like all other social media apps, TikTok has a profile picture section that allows users to put there their picture or even a video in order to be identified by other users.
It is all fun getting a new picture and wanting to make it your new profile picture on the TikTok app until you are not able to upload it and you find the problem of TikTok profile picture now showing, TikTok profile picture not changing or your TikTok profile picture not updating.
Sometimes it is either the TikTok PFP not loading or not showing and that causes users to wonder. You may ask yourself, “why can’t I see my PFP on TikTok?” or “why can’t I see my profile picture on TikTok”. The answer to your questions as to why you have your TikTok profile picture not showing are all enlisted in this article.
We give you the very reasons why you face such an issue and then hit you with the remedies so that you can continue the fun on the TikTok app, without having to worry too much about your TikTok profile picture not changing, not showing, or not updating.
Why Can’t I Change my Profile Picture (PFP) on TikTok?
Usually, the “TikTok profile picture not showing” has bothered a lot of TikTok users, making them quest for the reason for the recurring pop-up sometimes regularly or occasionally whilst surfing the app.
Users find this very uncomfortable to find themselves in such situations so they either beat themselves up or blame causes that may not necessarily contribute to what is happening.
Actually, it is very imperative to know that most of these issues we face using social media apps like TikTok are self-inflicted and therefore we can easily find solutions to them without having to beat ourselves up for simple glitches.
Per our observations using the app and the issues many users have encountered, the suggested reasons for Tiktok profile picture not showing are as follows:-
- Poor internet connectivity.
- Browser cache bugs.
- Outdated version of the device you’re using to access the app.
- Outdated version of the TikTok app you are currently using.
- Instagram app cache or data.
- Instagram app system down
- Wrong communication between device and the Instagram server.
- Tiktok account suspended.
How to Fix Tiktok Profile Picture not Showing
1. Refresh the TikTok App or Web Page
This troubleshooting has always been one of the simplest ways to curb issues pertaining to network applications not loading correctly. You just have to swipe down to refresh the app using the phone or click on the refresh button using the web browser.
After trying this to curb the TikTok profile picture not showing by refreshing the app or web page and you still face the issue, then you may try to hard refresh. To hard refresh the web browser, you have to use a few keys on the keyboard.
Hard refreshing the web browser enables the web page to reload from scratch without using any cache. The shortcuts needed to do a hard refresh on your web browser include;
- Press Ctrl +F5 or Ctrl +Shift+R to hard refresh TikTok on the windows browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge).
- Press Command +Shift+R to hard refresh TikTok on MacOS
- Press Command +Shift +E to hard refresh using the Safari Browser.
2. Try Reuploading the Profile Picture
Sometimes you would think you are all through uploading a profile picture yet it will still not be showing. To be sure of the kind of profile picture you want to use now, why don’t you try uploading the TikTok profile again? Now below is how to re-upload your new profile picture.
- Tap on your TikTok profile at the button right corner on your TikTok feed.
- On your TikTok profile, tap on edit profile below your new profile picture.
- Tap on change photo
- Upload a new photo from your gallery.
- Check if your PFP has been changed now.
3. Check Internet Connectivity
Poor internet connectivity is a major contributor to the challenge of the TikTok profile picture not showing. Having enough internet connectivity averaging between 3Mbps and 10 Mbps would be highly recommended.
This is because having internet connectivity below the given range brings a high risk of encountering the profile picture not showing on the Tiktok app. It is imperative to know that if you lack an internet connection then you should not bother to find ways to resolve the issue.
If you are not too sure whether or not your internet connection is fast, then you should try using fast.com to check the strength of your network.
4. Relaunch the Tiktok App
After checking if your network is fast or not, and you are convinced that it is strong enough, then you should try relaunching the Tiktok app.
This is because, on the side of TikTok, your profile picture may have been updated but has not yet been reflected on your side.
For that matter, you should try quitting the TikTok app and relaunching it. To do this, close all running apps including TikTok, and relaunch it.
This will force refresh the app and that may cause your new profile picture to update. Now go back to your profile to check if you can now see the profile picture.
5. Clear Cache for the Tiktok App
Issues of why you still realize your TikTok profile picture not showing may be a result of the Instagram app cache that you would have to clear in order to enable the app to function efficiently. Trying this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the phone desktop and tap and hold the TikTok app. Tap-holding for some time, an app drawer will come up where you will tap on App info.
- Tap on the App info screen and tap on the storage.
- Move on to tap on Clear cache to clear the cache of the Instagram app.
6. Clear Browsing History on the Browser
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on settings
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files
- Click on clear data
- All the cache and cookies will be cleared and you can access TikTok on the browser again.
7. Check if the Tiktok System is Down
Sometimes the fault of the Tiktok profile picture not showing or not loading in may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of TikTok, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to login to the app, upload a feed or change your profile picture. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should not hesitate to check using downdetector.com to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “TikTok” on the software and check if they serve you with Instagram outage reports in your area.
Aside this, you can also check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from Tiktok about their app malfunctions.
8. Use a Temporal VPN to Access the App
If you check and it is truly the fault of TikTok that you are not able to upload a new profile picture, then you should find a temporal VPN and use it. As a matter of fact, the conditions of the temporal malfunction of TikTok may not be the entire world but just your area.
For this reason, you should find a temporal VPN to use, which will permit you to change your device’s IP address and use a new one, as though you are accessing the TikTok app in a different country.
You can cross-check the least affected countries concerning the issue so that you use your VPN to connect to a different server. To have a VPN that preferably works with the TikTok app, try NordVPN to access the app and successfully change your Instagram profile picture.
9. Reinstall or Update the Tiktok App
After you try all the above options so you do not encounter the problem of not being able to change your profile picture but the issue still persists, then you should try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
It may be due to a problem with the app on your phone or you having an outdated version of TikTok, which is stopping you from accessing the app. In order to do this, follow the steps given below:
- Close the TikTok app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the TikTok app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of TikTok on either Playstore or App store.
To update the TikTok app, follow the steps given below:
- Close all apps running in the background including the TikTok app.
- Go to the Google Play store or App store on your device
- Search for Tiktok in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of the TikTok profile picture not showing or updating.
10. Login to TikTok on a Different Device or Browser
This troubleshooting works because most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as Tiktok profile picture not updating.
For that matter, it is advised that you log out of your Tiktok account if possible and login on another device or another browser. When using a browser to access the social media platform, it is advised that you use browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge or Safari browser.
It is highly possible that your TikTok account will work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of different conditions your devices may have. You can now update your ti
11. Contact Tiktok Support Centre
All of the above options on how to fix Tiktok profile picture not loading are very possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to face the challenge, “Why can’t I see my Tiktok PFP?”, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Tiktok Support Centre.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why can’t I see my Profile Picture on Tiktok”? You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Go to your Tiktok profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile
- Search and tap on settings and privacy.
- Tap on Report a problem.
- Search for an issue or tell them exactly what your issue is.
- Wait for a response or try loading or uploading a new profile picture after some time.
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix the TikTok profile picture not showing or changing, and know the reasons that caused you trouble over the issue.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, and an outdated TikTok app among others. Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix the Tiktok Profile picture not showing, changing or updating in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.
Check more about fixing social media app issues here: 10 Fixes for “Can’t Login to Instagram.”