Have you tried uploading a new TikTok video as a TikTok user yet you find the TikTok video not posting or uploading? Then look no further as we take you through the very reasons that cause such an error and how to fix it.
The TikTok app is one of the most used social media apps all over the world. Although it yelled its way into the system not long ago, users have not gotten over it and that is not happening anytime soon because of the extraordinary features that the TikTok app comes with.
Like all other social media apps, TikTok has a profile picture section that allows users to put there their picture or even a video in order to be identified by other users.
It is all fun getting an interesting video for your viewers and wanting to post it on the TikTok app, wanting to yield a lot of views until you are not able to upload it and you find the problem of TikTok video not posting.
Sometimes it is either your Tiktok video not posting or the TikTok video not available on the app and that causes users to wonder. You may ask yourself why TikTok video taking too long to post? or even why TikTok video stuck at 61?
The answer to your questions as to why you have your TikTok video not posting or showing on the app is all enlisted in this article.
We give you the very reasons why you face such an issue and then hit you with the remedies so that you do not face the problem of TikTok videos not posting anymore.
Reasons for the TikTok Video not Posting
Actually, it is very imperative to know that most of these issues we face using social media apps like TikTok are self-inflicted and therefore we can easily find solutions to them without having to beat ourselves for simple glitches. Per our observations using the app and the issues many users have encountered, the suggested reasons for your Tiktok video not posting-
- Bad internet connectivity
- Poor connection to TikTok
- Browser cache bugs
- Poor mobile network.
- Incompatible media.
- Outdated Tiktok app
How to Fix Tiktok Video not Posting
1. Refresh the TikTok App
This troubleshooting has always been one of the simplest ways to curb issues pertaining to network applications not loading correctly.
You just have to swipe down to refresh the app using the phone or click on the refresh button using the web browser.
This will force a restart of the page you are using at the moment and that may upload your video eventually.
2. Check your Internet Connection
Poor internet connectivity is a major contributor to the challenge of Tiktok videos not posting. Having enough internet connectivity averaging between 3Mbps and 10 Mbps would be highly recommended.
This is because having internet connectivity below the given range brings a high risk of encountering the “something went wrong try again” error on the Tiktok app.
It is imperative to know that if you lack an internet connection then you should not bother to find ways to resolve the issue. If you are not too sure whether or not your internet connection is fast, then you should try using fast.com to check the strength of your network.
3. Check the Type of Video You’re Posting
The TikTok app does not accept just any type of file or media to be uploaded. Because not every media you try to upload on the app is accepted.
If the kind of media you are uploading is not compatible with the TikTok app, then you should not waste your precious time trying to upload a video on the app.
The problem may either be the format of the media(video), size, and storage. You must ensure that the video you are trying to upload is not more than 50MB.
Having a video size of more than 50MB can result in the freezing of the TikTok app which may lead to further complications. If you find out that is the issue, then you should endeavor to either compress the size of the video using win-rar.com.
5. Check your TikTok Account Status
The TikTok app does not permit users to upload stories or even feeds if their account has breached Tiktok community guidelines. TikTok has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
If you have violated some of the TikTok community guidelines, then you should expect a suspension from using the app or permanent removal of your Tiktok account. For that matter, you should check and know if your TikTok account has currently been banned or not.
If your account has been disabled by TikTok, you will see a message telling you that your account has been disabled when you try to log in to the app.
If the account has not been disabled but suspended too, you will be notified. Your account could be suspended in the course of uploading a video and that will cause your TikTok video not to post.
6. Check if the Tiktok System is down
Sometimes the fault of these Tiktok videos not posting or videos not being available on TikTok may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Tiktok, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to log in to the app, upload a video or load a video. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should not hesitate to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Tiktok” and check if they serve you with TikTok outage reports in your area.
6. Relaunch the Tiktok App
After checking if your network is fast or not, and you are convinced that it is strong enough, then you should try relaunching the Tiktok app. This is because, on the side of TikTok, your video may have been posted but has not yet been reflected on your side.
For that matter, you should try quitting the TikTok app and relaunching it. To do this, close all running apps including TikTok and relaunch it.
This will force refresh the app and that may cause your new profile picture to update. Now go back to your profile to check if you can now see the video you tried posting.
7. Clear Cache for the Tiktok App
Most of the time, it is a result of glitches caused by the Tiktok app cache that causes issues like you are facing. In order to resolve this follow the steps given below;
- Close the TikTok app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on “App Info.”
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on the clear cache to clear the Tiktok app cache.
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue of your Tiktok video not posting has been resolved.
8. Reinstall the TikTok app
After you try all the above options so you do not encounter the problem of not being able to post your beautiful video but the issue still persists, then you should try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
It may be due to a problem with the app on your phone or you having an outdated version of TikTok, which is stopping you from accessing the app. In order to do this, follow the steps given below:
- Close the TikTok app on your phone.
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the TikTok app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of TikTok on either Playstore or App store.
You can choose the option of updating the TikTok app, using the steps below:
- Close all apps running in the background including the TikTok app.
- Go to the Google Play store or App store on your device
- Search for Tiktok in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of the Tiktok videos not posting.
9. Login to TikTok on a different device or browser
This troubleshooting works because most of the time we find out that the device or browser we use to access the internet may be problematic, hence leading to problems such as your Tiktok video not posting.
For that matter, it is advised that you log out of Tiktok if possible and login to another device or another browser.
It is highly possible that your TikTok account will work now perfectly on another device or browser as a result of different conditions your devices may have.
10. Contact Tiktok Support Centre
All of the above options on how to fix Tiktok videos not posting are very possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to face the challenge, “Why is my Tiktok video taking long to process?”, even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Tiktok Support Center.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why is my Tiktok video stuck”? You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Go to your TikTok profile: After launching the TikTok app, tap on your TikTok profile picture, when viewing other TikTok videos. It will take you to your TikTok profile page.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile: After coming to your TikTok Profile, look at the top right of your profile, you can find three horizontal lines where you can find further options to report your problem.
3. Search and tap on settings and privacy: After tapping on the three horizontal lines, you will find the option of settings and privacy.
4. Tap on report a problem: After selecting settings and privacy, then you should go ahead to choose Report a Probem.
5. Search for an issue or tell them exactly what your issue is: This time, you can either type in the search engine your problem of TikTok video not posting, or choose to tap on any of the popular problems given which relate to your problem.
Wait for a response from the TikTok server, or relaunch the app and try uploading a new video after some time.
How to Fix Tiktok Video not Posting (Conclusion)
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix your Tiktok video not posting, and know the reasons that caused you to beat yourself over the issue.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, and an outdated TikTok app among others. Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix your TikTok video not posting not available on the app in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.
Check out other Tiktok-related issues here: How to fix TikTok profile picture not showing.