Are you having an issue viewing pictures on Twitter? Or are your Twitter pictures not loading? Then join us as we give you the best troubleshooting suggestions for this issue.
Twitter has been one of the longest-existing social media apps which have aided in the international connection of friends and families across the world.
Posts can either be done in text, pictures, or video form. Most Twitter users prefer to post pictures to all other types of posts because of how beautiful to have your pictures out there to be viewed by your Twitter followers.
In as much as pictures are posted all over Twitter by users all over the world, most users find it problematic sometimes when they find Twitter pictures not loading.
This usually occurs when you are scrolling through your feed and you find your Twitter images are not showing or loading.
Many users have asked such questions as:
- Why are Twitter pictures not showing?
- Why is my Twitter photo layout not working?
- Why do my Twitter pictures not load?
- Why are my Twitter pictures not working?
- How do I fix Twitter pictures not loading on Android, iPhone, PC, Chrome or Firefox?
It is due to the numerous concerns by Twitter users about how to fix Twitter pictures not loading or showing that we have hand-tailored verified and tested remedies to the issue you encounter as a Twitter user. Do not beat yourself up anymore as we take you through the reasons for Twitter pictures not showing on your news feed.
- Poor Network Connection
- Twitter bugs
- DNS server issues
- Ad blockers
- Disabled images
- Twitter server issues
- Copyright issues with some images
How to Fix Twitter Pictures or Photos not Loading, Showing or Opening
1. Improve Internet Connectivity
Checking and making sure you have enough internet connection to access the app is one of the simplest ways to solve problems like Twitter photos not loading. You have very little or no chance to access the app if you don’t have a strong internet connection, which can lead to issues like Twitter pictures that don’t display when you click on them.
To rectify this, first, check if you have an active internet connection or data plan. Also, you should not hesitate to check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
Upon checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you have a speed of your network ranging below 3Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very problematic.
As a result, you must upload enough data to your network server or connect to a stronger network. Try again to see if your Twitter photographs are still not loading on your phone after doing this.
There are numerous instances where Twitter images may not load even on Wi-Fi.
By switching the Airplane mode on and off, you may also verify the Internet connection. One of the greatest ways to test for internet connection issues is to turn on and off the airplane mode. By doing this, the network will automatically shut down and presumably restart stronger than before.
Try this by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Settings app on your phone. Scroll through and find Connections.
2. After selecting Connections, tap on Flight mode and turn it off if it was mistakenly turned on. If it is off already, turn it on, wait for about a minute and turn it on again,
2. Check if Twitter is Down
Periodically, the fault of these Twitter pictures not showing up on android or Twitter pictures not showing up on PC may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Instagram, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
This may happen when you are trying to log in to the app, upload a feed, upload Twitter stories, or load Twitter pictures. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should endeavor to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Twitter” on the software and check if they serve you with Twitter outage reports in your region.
Besides this, you can also check Twitter to find out if there has been an official communique from Twitter about their app malfunctions.
3. Relaunch the Twitter App
One of the quickest and simplest ways to deal with such issues concerning the “Tap to retry” error when you find Twitter pictures not loading is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it.
For this, you must leave the Twitter app and clear all running apps in the background. If you are using a browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari to access Twitter, then you should clear the Twitter web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the app, relaunch the app and check if you still encounter the issue of Twitter pictures not loading.
5. Allow Twitter to Use Unrestricted Data
When you try loading a photo on Twitter and you are not able to view the picture even after applying the above troubleshooting methods, then you should check if you have restricted Twitter from using enough data by turning on the Data saver.
You must give Twitter unrestricted data usage by using the steps below:
- Pres and hold the Twitter app
- Tap “App info.”
3. Tap on mobile data & Wifi.
4. Toggle on “Background data” and “Unrestricted data usage.”
6. Check for Disabled Images
Due to the speed of performance, most users of web browsers disable the images and other content options of the web browsers. It boosts the speed of content loading and for that matter, avoids slow loading of content with images included.
This may have affected your Twitter images, preventing them from loading. You may have activated the option without knowing properly.
Check your browser’s in-built options to disable the “Disabled images” feature. Due to the difference in the processes to turn off this feature for all web browsers.
7. Disable the Ad-Blocker
Twitter usually has ads and these ads prevent users from seeing images almost all the time. There Ad may come before a particular image or cover the image.
This may stop you from viewing what is actually there. Ad-blockers are very troublesome, especially when using web browsers.
Therefore disabling the Ad-blocker feature will definitely be the best option to get rid of the Ad-blockers. The Ad-blocker may be an extension of the browser so you, therefore, have to turn off the extension. You also have to disable Ad-blocker on your PC if it is a third-party tool.
8. Clear the Twitter App Cache and Data
Many times these issues we face such as the Twitter pictures not showing is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Twitter app cache.
- Close the Twitter app on your phone
- Long press the app and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on “clear cache” to clear the Twitter app cache.
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Twitter account, then you should try to clear cookies on the browser rather. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files.
- Click on clear data.
9. Update the Twitter App
If you are still facing issues with Twitter pictures not loading or photos not showing even after clearing the Twitter app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the Twitter app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Twitter that does not permit you to use the app entirely. You should update the app as soon as possible so that you can log in the app without facing problems like “Twitter pictures not showing on android”.
Below are the steps you can use to update your Twitter app
- Close all apps running in the background including the Twitter app.
- Go to the Google Play store or app store on your device.
- Search for Twitter in the search bar.
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of “Twitter pictures not showing up”.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall Twitter
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, you should uninstall it and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Close the Twitter app on your phone.
- Long press the app and tap on uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Twitter app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Twitter on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Twitter pictures not loading.
10. Check Your Twitter Account Status
Twitter does not permit users to load pictures or even upload pictures if their account has breached Twitter community guidelines. Twitter has community guidelines that you should try as much as possible to avoid as a user just so you don’t breach the set guidelines.
If you have violated some of the Twitter community guidelines, then you should expect a suspension from using the app or permanent removal of your Twitter account. For that matter, you should check and know if your Twitter account has currently been banned or not.
If you have been banned by Twitter you will receive an alert from them either when you just login or in the course of using the app. This may happen just when you are viewing an image and will prevent you from loading the image on Twitter.
11. Contact Twitter Support Center
All of the above options on how to fix Twitter are possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to face the challenge of Twitter pictures not loading, then you should not hesitate to contact the Twitter Support center.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like, “why can’t I open pictures on Twitter?” Visiting their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to resolve the issue of Twitter apps not showing after all.
You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down to “Settings and Support” then proceed to tap on “Help Center.”
- At the Twitter help center, you can search for the problem you are facing.
- If you want to actually contact Twitter, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Tap on “Contact Us” and submit to them details of the Twitter image issue you are currently facing.
- After doing all these, try loading a picture on Twitter after some time to see if your Twitter pictures are loading now.
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or options on how to fix Twitter pictures not showing or updating, and know the reasons that caused you to trouble over the issue.
As highlighted in the article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, and Twitter’s Systems among others. Look for a detailed highlight to fix it when your Twitter images won’t load anytime you encounter such an issue.