Are you having issues with your Kik Messenger because you have your Kik Messenger not showing new messages? Just read more and we’ve to you covered!
You may have sent some messages to friends via Kik Messenger and you expect some new messages from them but you are not receiving them.
Your issue may be that you find your Kik not showing new messages or Kik not showing new chats. There are instances where your Kik messages are stuck on S or on D.
A number of Kik users have faced this issue and have complained and we have the reasons why you are facing this issue as well as how to get rid of this as quickly as possible. Stop beating yourself over the issue you are facing and just read more!
Why is Kik Not Showing New Messages?
As much as you beat yourself over your Kik Messenger not showing new messages, you may be wondering why is Kik not showing your new chats. We have realized from several complaints that a lot of issues Kik users face with their Kik messages not loading as a result of self-inflicted occurrences from the user.
Below are enlisted reasons why Kik is not showing new messages:
- Poor internet connection.
- Cache and bugs in the Kik app.
- Outdated version of Kik on phone.
- Phone interference with Kik.
How to Fix Kik not Showing New Chats or Messages on Android and iPhone
Now that you know the reasons why your Kik messages are not loading, it is necessary that you know all the troubleshooting in other to get rid of the issue you are facing. We have got you covered with all the best guidelines to receive your Kik messages at the end of the day.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
We recommend that the very first way to deal with your Kik messages not loading is to check your internet connection. Your Kik may not be showing new chats as a result of a poor internet connection. You have to check and make sure that your internet connection is stable enough to receive new chats.
If you lack a strong internet connection, you will have little or no chance to receive messages on the app. Therefore, we recommend that you check the strength of your internet connection and you can do this by checking how fast or slow your internet connection is, via fast.com.
When you are done checking the speed of your internet connection and you realize the speed of your network is ranging below 3Mbps, then your internet connection may be problematic.
You should either connect to a stronger network or load your network server with enough data. After that, connect to the network to see if you receive new chats on Kik.
2. Relaunch the Kik App on Your Device
Sometimes it may be due to glitches caused by background applications on your phone while using the Kik Messenger app. Therefore, after checking your internet connection, one of the best and fastest ways to remedy this issue is by relaunching the Kik app on your device.
To do this, close the Kik Messenger app and clear all background running apps including the Kik Messenger app. After that, launch the Kik Messenger app to see if you can now receive new chats.
3. Restart Your Device
We also recommend that you restart your device after relaunching the Kik Messenger and it is not loading messages. This is because it may be the fault of your device that is causing the Kik App to work inefficiently. For that matter, you should restart your device to remedy the issue.
To do this as an android user, just press and hold the power key and tap “Restart” to reboot your device. As an iPhone user, press and hold the power key and the top volume key simultaneously and ‘slide to power off, and turn the phone back on by press holding the power key after the phone is turned off for a few seconds.
After rebooting, relaunch the Kik App and check if you can receive new chats on Kik.
4. Check If The Kik Server is Down
Sometimes you face this issue of your Kik chats not loading because there are glitches on the side of the Kik app. It is not always that issues like these are self-inflicted. Therefore you must know whether the Kik app is having issues because whenever the Kik server is down, you cannot be able to use the app effectively.
This may happen when you are trying to login to the app, upload messages or load messages. It does not happen often but when it happens, it is highly possible you will not receive new chats. Well, you may not be too sure if it is actually a general problem or you alone.
Therefore you should not hesitate to check the server status of Kik using Down Detector. Search for “Kik” on the software and check if they serve you with Kik outage reports in your area.
Aside from checking Downdetector to know the server issues of the Kik app, check Twitter or Facebook to find out if there has been an official communique from Kik about misfunctions of the app.
5. Try Using A VPN to Access Kik
After checking if there is a server issue with Kik and you realize it is the fault of Kik that your messages are not loading, then you should find a temporal VPN and use it. The conditions of the temporal malfunction of Kik may not be the entire world but just your region and you can remedy this by finding a temporal Virtual Private Network to use.
This will allow you to change the IP address of your device and use a new one, as though you are accessing Kik app in a different region. You can have a VPN that works with the Kik app, using NordVPN. This will enable you to load new messages on Kik easily in case the Kik server is down.
6. Clear the Kik App Cache and Data
A lot of the issues you may face with your Kik app are caused by bugs and cache in the app. Therefore, it is recommended that you clear the app cache and data and that will allow the app to work effectively. Clearing them will pave the way for the Kik app to work correctly.
To do this, use the steps below to clear the Kik app cache:
- Close the Kik app on your phone.
- Long press the app and tap on the App info.
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it.
- Go down to tap on the clear cache to clear the Kik app cache.
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
7. Update or Reinstall the Kik App
If you are still facing issues with your Kik messages not loading even after clearing the Kik app cache and data, then you should update the app. This is because you may be using an outdated version of Kik and for that matter, you are having issues with the app.
You must update the Kik app to have the latest version of the app so that the app can work effectively. We recommend that you update it as soon as possible in order to load messages on Kik Messenger without having issues.
Below are the steps you can use to update the Kik app:
- Close all apps running in the background including the Kik app.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Kik in the search bar.
- Tap on Update to update the pp.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app.
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue.
You can alternatively uninstall and reinstall the Kik app by following the steps below:
- Close the Kik app on your phone.
- Long press on the app and tap on Uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
- Now search Kik in the search bar.
- Tap on the install button to download the latest version of Kik via Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue with your Kik messages not loading.
8. Login to Kik on Another Device
It may be a fault of your device that you are having issues with your Kik messages not showing. Therefore we recommend that you log in to Kik on another device to load new chats on Kik. Therefore you should log out from your Kik account and log in to another Kik Messenger app on another phone.
If the fault of your device, you will not have issues with your Kik messages not showing when you log into another Kik on a different device. This should be a possible remedy to your issue so that you can see new messages on Kik now.
9. Contact Kik Support Center
All the above options on how to fix Kik messages not loading are possible ways to remedy the issue and therefore if you still find it a problem to deal with the issue of your Kik messages not loading even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to contact the Kik support center.
They will aid you to curb the issue the best way and answer questions like “Why are my Kik messages not loading?” or “Why am I not receiving messages on Kik?”
You can contact Kik by using the steps below:
- Launch the Kik app on your android or iOS device.
- Login to your Kik account if you are not already logged in.
- On your screen, tap the Settings icon located in the top left of your screen.
- Now, navigate to the Settings page and tap “Help & About Us.”
- Select “Help“.
- You will be relocated to the Kik Help Center. Here, select “Troubleshooting.”
- Now, search your issue of Kik Messages not loading and you will be sorted out by the Kik support center.
- If you do not get the troubleshooting you want there, you can go back and choose “Contact Support” to report the issue. Select the issue you are facing and they will sort you out.
If you are an avid user of Kik Messenger and all of a sudden your Kik new chats are not showing, you should find it very problematic because it is worrisome and very unusual for the app.
Therefore, you must have the best guidelines for the issue in order to see your new messages on the Kik Messenger app.
We have provided you with all the possible reasons why your Kik Messengers are not loading. Therefore after finding the reasons why you are facing the issue, you can check out the guidelines to remedy the issue as soon as possible.