If you’re having trouble streaming Paramount Plus, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explain what can cause an issue with streaming on Paramount Plus and how to fix it.
If you’re having trouble with your Paramount Plus account, it may be because of a problem with their service.
This can happen if they are experiencing technical difficulties or maintenance is being performed on their servers. If you’re having trouble streaming while using Paramount Plus, there are a few things you can do to fix it.
We’ll cover some of the most common issues here, so if you’re having trouble with your account or device, check out this article for some tips on how to fix them.
15 Ways to Fix Paramount Plus Problems Today: Buffering, Not Working, Loading, Streaming or Playing
The Paramount Plus app can be problematic at times, but you can fix most issues with a few simple steps. Here are some ways to troubleshoot and fix the error message “Paramount Plus is Not Streaming”.
1. Check Your Network Connection
If you are using an Internet connection that is not connected directly to your computer, such as a Wi-Fi connection, make sure it’s connected to the internet. If you’re unsure about how to do this, contact your ISP or router manufacturer for assistance.
Also, check if there’s a firewall on the device that you plan on streaming from; some firewalls may prevent Paramount Plus from working properly.
You can perform an internet speed test to find out the strength of your internet connection. To test your network connection, you can visit fast.com or speedtest.net.
2. Check the Paramount Plus Server Status
If you are having problems with the Paramount Plus streaming service, it is best to check its server status. The following steps will guide you through this process:
- Go to https://www.paramountplus.com
- Check for any known issues or scheduled maintenance periods by looking at the “News” section of their website. If there are any issues currently going on, they should be listed here along with a brief explanation of what is going on and when it started (if known).
- Alternatively, you can check whether Paramount Plus is down using DownDetector. Simply visit Down Detector’s website and search for Paramount Plus.
3. Start Paramount Plus Again
Restarting the Paramount Plus app can fix buffering issues.
You can restart the Paramount Plus app by doing the following:
- Tap on the Settings icon on your device’s home screen.
- Scroll down and tap Apps or Application Manager. It may be labeled slightly different depending on your device, but it should be easy to find and open.
- Look for the Paramount Plus app, then tap its name to open it up.
- Swipe left or right until you see the Force Stop option at a bottom of the menu that pops out when you tap on this button; select it to stop working all data related to this application so far as possible without deleting its settings file from your system memory (which means that if you reinstall this application later on again, it will not lose any data).
4. Clear Cache on the Paramount Plus App
Now that we’ve talked through the basics, let’s get into some more advanced troubleshooting:
A cache is a storage space for data that has been recently accessed, which means that it can be used to speed up the loading of certain things.
The problem with a cache is that if it gets too big, you run out of space on your device; if this happens, you need to clear some of the data out so that new stuff can be stored there instead.
You might have seen this happen when you install an app: it takes a while for all its features and settings to download onto your device before they’re usable by you.
Clearing cache can resolve glitches in your Paramount Plus app that you’ve noticed, or it can help to speed things up if you’re experiencing difficulties with the performance of your device.
Clearing cache will not delete any data stored locally on your device; instead, it merely removes some of the temporary files that have been downloaded to make using an app easier. If your Paramount Plus app is buffering or not playing, this can be the solution.
To Clear Cache in your Paramount Plus App
- Tap on the app icon to open it up again.
- Tap on the three-dot settings button (the one with three dots in a vertical line) at the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Storage” from the menu that pops out and scroll down until you see the “Clear Cache” option.
- Select it to clear all data related to this application as far as possible without deleting its settings file from your system memory.
This will remove temporary files that may be causing issues with streaming.
5. Restart the Streaming Device
Another way to fix a streaming device is to restart it. Restarting the device may help with any problems that you are having with your service, including poor picture quality or no sound. To restart your streaming device:
- Unplug your streaming device from power for 30 seconds or more, then plug it back in. You might need to wait for several minutes for the system to restart before reconnecting with Wi-Fi or Ethernet and signing into your account again.
- Alternatively, you can simply switch off your streaming device and turn it on again.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Paramount Plus
Uninstall and Reinstall Paramount Plus Before you get started, make sure you’re on Wi-Fi.
Go to Settings > Apps and select Paramount Plus. Tap Uninstall. Restart your device.
Once that’s done, head to either the App Store or Play Store and download Paramount Plus again as if it were a new app (it is).
7. Logout and Log in Again to Paramount Plus
Log out of Paramount Plus and log back in again. Logging out and logging in again can be all it takes to make fix the Paramount Plus not playing issue.
Log out by going to Settings > Account and selecting the account you use with Paramount Plus. Tap on Sign Out at the bottom of the screen. Once that’s done, head back into Paramount Plus and log in again using the same account.
8. Keep a Minimum Number of Streaming Devices
You can only watch Paramount Plus on a limited number of streaming devices. If you want to watch Paramount Plus, make sure to keep your number of streaming devices at a maximum of three, for the best streaming experience:
- Your computer (Mac or PC)
- Your phone/tablet/laptop device that uses the same operating system as your computer (i.e., iOS if you have an iPhone)
- One other device that streams content from the internet, such as a Roku Stick or Apple TV
9. Ensure Your Streaming Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
On Paramount Plus’ website, it has clearly spelt out the minimum system requirements for a seamless streaming experience.
This includes the minimum specifications on operating systems, processors, RAM size and recommended browsers.
Paramount+ also recommends that ad blockers and pop-ups are disabled.
If your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, you will likely experience problems streaming or loading videos.
10. Use a Different Browser to Stream Paramount Plus
If you’re having trouble streaming on Paramount Plus, try using a different browser. This can be done by opening up the browser of your choice and then accessing https://www.paramountplus.com/us/ with it.
As noted above, some browsers are not compatible with Paramount Plus and may therefore pose problems when in use to stream on Paramount+.
Hence, switching to an up-to-date browser would likely be the fix for the Paramount Plus not working playing issue.
If you’re still having issues after trying this method, try opening up an incognito window and then visiting Paramount Plus from there—this will help ensure that any potential cookies or cache data aren’t causing problems with loading times or other issues related to streaming quality and compatibility issues encountered when trying out different browsers or devices altogether
11. Update Paramount Plus to the Latest Version
For most users, the first step in troubleshooting any app is to check for updates. If you’re on an older version of Paramount Plus and it doesn’t work anymore, then chances are there are issues with your setup that need to be resolved before you can use it again.
If you haven’t yet updated Paramount Plus and are still having problems connecting to live streams or watching on-demand content, then this might be exactly what you need!
Deleting the app completely will remove any existing software conflicts that could be causing problems with streaming data speeds or buffering issues within the app itself (especially if they have been occurring since its last update).
12. Use a Browser that is Compatible with Paramount Plus
Paramount Plus is a streaming service that is compatible with many browsers, operating systems and devices.
If you are having trouble accessing Paramount Plus on your computer or mobile device, follow these instructions to troubleshoot the issue:
Use a browser that is compatible with Paramount Plus: You can find the list of supported browsers in their knowledge base article.
13. Use a Recommended VPN Service
VPNs or Virtual Private Networks are a popular way of bypassing geo-restrictions. They do this by routing your internet traffic through a server in another country, thus tricking the streaming service into thinking that you are located there.
As some of our readers may already know, Paramount Plus does not support some VPN services, so if yours isn’t working with Paramount Plus then there is no need to panic.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that all VPNs don’t work on Paramount Plus! In fact, there are still some good options available for people who want to stream from outside US and Canada.
In particular, we have found NordVPN works well with Paramount Plus, though if you want to try other providers then feel free – just remember not all VPNs will work with all sites so don’t assume something will definitely work unless you’ve tested it yourself first (and even then sometimes things can break).
14. Clear Your Browser Cache
Clearing your browser cache is one of the solutions to Paramount Plus problems today, when it is buffering, not streaming, loading or playing.
So, what exactly is a browser cache? The easiest way to explain it is that it’s a collection of data that has been downloaded by your web browser. This includes images, scripts and also movies or shows that you have watched.
Over time these files can slow down your internet speed as they take up space on your computer. Clearing these files will help make watching Paramount Plus easier again!
To Clear Browser Cache On Chrome:
- Open Chrome and go to the settings button in the top right-hand corner (three dots).
- Select “Settings” from this menu and then select “Advanced Settings” next to Privacy & Security on the bottom left-hand side.
- At this point click ‘Clear Browsing Data…’ which will open up another window with options for clearing different types of information stored
- Choose what needs deleting/clearing based on whether you wish only certain elements removed or all items listed above including search history etc., ensuring each choice remains ticked
- Click on Clear Cache.
15. Report the Issue to Paramount Plus Support
The next step to fixing Paramount Plus not streaming is to report the issue with Paramount Plus support. The best way to do this is by contacting them via email, and then waiting until you get a response.
If you don’t want to wait around for days on end, use their live chat feature instead. You can also contact Paramount Plus through their website’s contact form or forum if you’d rather avoid emailing them directly yourself.
The most important thing in any customer service situation is communication, so make sure your message is clear and easy to understand!
Conclusion: Paramount Plus not Working or Loading
We hope you found this article helpful. We’ve covered a lot of ground, from troubleshooting your network connection, server status and browser to clearing the cache and data on your device.
If you tried all of these steps but still have issues with Paramount Plus, don’t worry—reach out to the Paramount Plus support team.
They’re available 24/7 and will be happy to assist you. You can also use our forum to get help from other members of the community.