After viewing or uploading a Youtube video, do you find it difficult to use the app because you see your Youtube comments not showing or appearing?
Youtube as one of the most popular social media platforms has been a very comfortable place for sharing videos with other users. In as much as users share videos on their platforms and other users come to view them, it is usually expected of them to comment on how they feel about the video posted on the channel.
Despite the fun of viewing youtube videos on several channels on the social media platform, a number of users have reported that they have realized youtube comments not showing or loading. Some users are not able to load the comments on a channel despite the “number of comments” shown on the channel.
Other users only see the pinned comments on some channels and that is all. For some users too, the comment section loads for a very long time but will still not show for a long period. This is the very essence of this article.
We seek to give you the reasons for this error as well as feed you with all the necessary guidelines so that you do not find yourself wanting when you try to view Youtube comments next time.
Why Can’t I See Comments on Youtube?
Your inability to view Youtube comments for some time on the social media platform is because of two major reasons. The first is that it may be self-inflicted, that is, the cause of your youtube comments not showing may be on your side.
This can be due to the following:
- Network problems
- Outdated version of Youtube on phone.
- Wrong communication between the device and the Youtube server
- ‘Yes, it’s made for kids’ enabled.
On the other hand, you see Youtube comments not showing can be attributed to issues on the side of Youtube.
- Comments are restricted for viewing by Youtube.
- The Youtube server is down due to maintenance.
- Youtube banned your account.
Ways to Fix Youtube Comments not Showing up, Loading or Appearing
1. Refresh the Video Page
One of the quickest ways to curb Youtube comments not showing is to refresh the video page abruptly. This troubleshooting has always been one of the simplest ways to curb issues concerning network applications like Youtube not loading correctly.
You just have to swipe down to refresh the Youtube app using the phone or click on the refresh button using the web browser.
Trying to curb the issue after simply refreshing and you still face the issue, then you may try to hard refresh. To hard refresh the web browser, you have to use a few keys on the keyboard.
Hard refreshing the web browser enables the video page to reload from scratch without using any cache. The shortcuts needed to do a hard refresh on your web browser include;
- Press Ctrl +F5 or Ctrl +Shift+R to hard refresh Twitter on the windows browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge).
- Press Command +Shift+R to hard refresh twitter on MacOS
- Press Command +Shift +E to hard refresh using the Safari Browser
2. Check the Internet Connection
Even after hard-refreshing the video page if it doesn’t work for you, then you have to check your internet connection. It may be a result of a low internet connection which is making you see your Youtube comments not showing.
You have to verify and make sure that you have enough internet connection to access the Youtube app. Lack of a strong internet connection gives you very little or no chance to access the app, hence giving you problems like “Youtube comments not loading”.
To rectify this issue, you should check the strength of your internet connection and this can easily be done by using fast.com to check how fast or slow your internet connection is.
Upon checking the strength of your internet connection and you realize you have a speed of your network ranging below 3Mbps, then you should find your internet connection very problematic.
You, therefore, have to either connect to a stronger network or upload your network server with enough data allocation. After doing this, try resending the message to check if you still encounter the issue of Instagram direct messages not working.
2. Check the Youtube Server Status
There are times that the fault of Youtube comments not showing on PC or Youtube comments not loading on the website may not be your fault. This is because there are sometimes general glitches that happen in the systems of Youtube, causing all users to get stuck accessing the app.
Usually, authorities of Youtube are doing their best to take the social media platform under maintenance. It happens once in a while but if you are unfortunate and it happens, you may not be too sure if it’s actually just you or a general problem.
For that matter, you should endeavor to check using Down Detector to check if the system is actually down or not. Search for “Youtube” on the software and check if they serve you with Youtube outage reports in your region.
After checking if Youtube is down on the software given above, you can also check Twitter to find out if there has been an official communique from Youtube about their app malfunctions.
3. Relaunch the Youtube App
One of the quickest and simplest ways to deal with such issues concerning the “Comments not showing” error when you find Youtube comments not showing is by quitting the app abruptly and relaunching it.
For this, you must leave the Youtube app and clear all running apps in the background. If you are using the browser to access Youtube, then you should clear the Youtube web tab and open it on a new tab.
After quitting the app, relaunch the app and check if you still encounter such an issue.
4. Clear Youtube App Cache and Data
Mostly these issues we face such as Youtube comments not showing is as a result of glitches caused by the app cache or data on the device. It may also be a result of browser cookies and data. Below is how to clear the Youtube app cache.
- Close the Youtube app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on the app info
- Scroll down to look for storage and tap on it
- Go down to tap on the clear cache to clear the Youtube app cache
- Go back to relaunch the app to check whether the issue has been resolved.
If you are using the browser to access your Youtube account, then you should try to clear cookies on the browser rather. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner.
- Click on settings
- Click on Privacy & Security and select clear browsing data
- Tick the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as cached images and files
- Click on clear data.
- All the cache and cookies will be cleared and you can access YouTube on the browser again.
5. Clear Browsing History or Data on Browser
After you have tried to clear cache on the Youtube web and it is still to no avail, then you should try clearing browsing data or browser history. To do this, go by the steps given below:
- Launch the browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft edge)
- Tap on the three horizontal dots located at the top corner
- Go to settings
- Click on Privacy & Security and select to clear browsing data
- Tick the box next to browsing history
- Click on clear data.
Using the Safari OS to do this, follow the steps below:
- Select Safari on the menu bar
- Select the option, “ Clear History”
- This will wipe off all browsing history from the Safari OS.
6. Update the Youtube App
If you are still facing issues with the YouTube comments not showing up even after clearing the Youtube app cache and data or clearing browser cookies and browser history, then you should update the Youtube app.
This is because you might be using an outdated version of Youtube that does not permit you to use the app and for that matter, you should update it as soon as possible so that you can log in to the app without facing problems with your Youtube comments not showing.
- Close all apps running in the background including the Youtube app.
- Go to the Google Play store or App store on your device
- Search for Youtube in the search bar
- Tap on Update to update the app.
- Check to see if the app has been updated successfully and relaunch the app
- After launching the app, check if you still face the issue of “Youtube comments not loading”.
After updating the app and you still encounter the issue, then you should uninstall the app and reinstall it. This can be done using the steps below:
- Clos the Youtube app on your phone
- Long press the app till a sub-window shows and tap on uninstall
- After successfully uninstalling the app, go to Playstore (for android users) or App store (for iOS users)
- Search for the Youtube app in the search bar.
- Tap on the install section to download the latest version of Youtube on either Playstore or App store.
- Launch the app, and check if you still face the issue of Youtube comments not showing on PC.
7. Change Your Youtube Layout
One of the best remedies to the issues of Youtube comments not showing up, loading or appearing is changing the current Youtube Layout to the old style. This has helped a lot of users to be able to view Youtube comments after they managed to change what they may be using currently.
This can be done by using the steps below:
- Click on your Profile Picture on the homepage of Youtube at the top right corner
- From the pop-up window that comes, select Youtube Studio
- Click on “Creator Studio Classics” from the lower menu on the left.
- Click on the menu on the upper left and choose ‘Home”.
- Go back to check if you still see Youtube comments not showing.
8. Disable Browser Extensions
Most web browser users have various extensions that aid them in their everyday activities on the browser but sometimes these browser extensions for some reason may prevent some websites from working correctly.
In this case, it may be the Youtube web opened on your browser that has been prevented from working correctly due to an attack from your browser extensions. Here comes the need to disable the browser extensions and reload the site again on the browser. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Select the three horizontal dots at the top right of your browser
- Select “More tools” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on “Extensions”
- All your installed extensions will show there.
- Try turning off the extensions one after the other as you load the Youtube page to verify if you view comments now.
9. Enable Browser Comments
You might have disabled the option to allow commenting on your Youtube channel. This prevents comments from coming on the posts you have made on your channel.
Therefore you have to enable the comments section so that other Youtube users can comment on your app. Follow the steps below to enable comments if they have been disabled.
- Tap on your Profile picture on the top right and go to your account.
- Tap on Settings and select community and defaults.
- Check to see if Disable comments have been selected.
- If it has been selected, tap to allow comments
- Saved after allowing comments
- Check if you can now view comments on your channel.
10. Disable “It’s made for kids.”
Some videos you may have on Youtube may have been categorized for kids. This automatically disables comments according to COPPA guidelines. Because of this, the comment section has been restricted which you definitely have to turn off. To choose this, follow the steps given below:
- Tap on your Profile picture on the top right and go to your account.
- Tap on Settings and select channel and advance settings.
- You should change “Yes it’s made for kids’ to ‘No, set this channel as not made for kids’.
11. Contact YouTube Support Centre
All the given suggestions in the above article are possible ways to curb the issue and therefore if you still find it very worrying to face the challenge of your Youtube comments not showing even after going through all the processes highlighted above, then you should not hesitate to reach out to the Youtube support team.
They aid you to resolve the issue in the best way, answering questions like “Why can’t I see ”? or “Why are my Youtube comments not showing? Visiting their site to seek help from them will be the best and the farthest you can go to curb the issue of your Youtube comments not loading after all.
You can do this by contacting them on the app, using the steps below:
- Launch and sign in to YouTube.
2. Select your profile picture
3. Tap on the three horizontal dots at the top right and tap on Help and feedback.
4. Describe the issue of Youtube comments not showing. The more info you include in your report, the more helpful it is for Youtube.
Conclusion – Youtube Comments not Showing
You should not hesitate to check out this article any day to find a better solution or suggestions on how to fix Youtube comments not showing, and know the reasons that caused you to trouble over the issue.
As highlighted in this article already, it may mostly be a result of your internet connectivity, and Youtube under maintenance among others. Look for a detailed highlight on how to fix Youtube comments not showing in the article anytime you encounter such an issue.