Are you tired of having certain individuals constantly perusing your Snapchat story?
Whether you’re trying to keep a certain someone from seeing what you’re up to or you simply want to keep your stories private from certain people, this tutorial is for you.
Blocking someone from seeing your Snapchat story is a simple process, but it’s one that many people don’t know how to do. That’s why I’m writing this post – to help you take control of your Snapchat experience and block anyone you don’t want seeing your stories.
If you do not want to block them, then check out our article on how to hide Snapchat story from someone without blocking them.
So, if you’re ready to learn how to block someone from seeing your Snapchat story, keep reading! I’ll walk you through the process step by step and make sure you know exactly what to do. Whether you’re using an Android or an iPhone, this tutorial will work for you.
So without further ado, let us commence with this tutorial on how to block someone from seeing your Snapchat story.
What Happens When you Block Someone From Seeing your Story on Snapchat?
What exactly happens when you block someone from seeing your Snapchat stories? They will no longer be able to see any of your stories or receive notifications when you post a new one.
However, it’s important to note that blocking someone from seeing your stories does not automatically remove them from your friends list. If you want to completely sever all ties with them on Snapchat, you will need to unfriend them as well.
On the flip side, if you have been blocked from seeing someone’s stories, you will still be able to send them snaps and chat with them, unless they have also unfriended you.
It’s important to remember that blocking someone from seeing your stories is a completely separate action from unfriending them. So, if you just want to keep someone from seeing your stories but still want to be able to communicate with them through Snapchat, blocking them from your stories is the way to go.
Ways to Block Someone From Seeing Your Snapchat Story on Android and iPhone
Here are various methods to use to block someone from seeing your stories on Snapchat. You can go with whichever option works best for you.
Method 1: Choose Who Can View Your Snapchat Story
You can limit who can see your Snapchat stories to a specific audience or just your friends. These easy actions can help you control who can see your Snapchat story:
- Tap on the profile or the bitmoji icon in the upper left corner.
- At the “My Stories” tab, tap on the three dots in the “Add to My Story” button.
- Tap on”Story Settings” from the pop-up menu.
- Next, decide who can see your stories by choosing between “Everyone,” “Friends Only” or “Custom.”
If you select “Friends Only” or “Custom,” it indicates that you have restricted the visibility of your subsequent Snapchat stories to just your Snapchat friends or those in the custom audience and have concealed them from the wider public.
Method 2: Customize Your Snap Story Viewers
To block specific people from seeing your Snapchat stories, you have to use set the story visibility to custom and deselect those individuals. Here’s how to do that:
- Tap on the profile or the bitmoji icon in the top left corner.
- Under the “My Stories” tab, tap on the three dots in the “Add to My Story” button.
- Tap on “Story Settings” from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Proceed to tap on “Custom” under the “Who can View My Story” tab.
- Select your friends who you do not want to see your Snapchat stories by tapping on their names.
- Finally, tap on “Block.”
Method 3: Block One Person from Seeing your Snapchat Story
Blocking one person from seeing your Snapchat stories will enable every other person to view your stories except this person in question.
How to block one person from viewing your Snapchat stories:
- Tap on the Bitmoji icon to access your Snapchat profile.
- Scroll down to the “Friends” tab and tap on “My Friends.”
- Tap on the name of the user you want to hide your story from.
- At the top left corner, tap on their profile image or name.
- From their profile, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Privacy Settings” from the pop-up menu that next appears.
- By default, all your Snapchat friends can view your profile. Change this by turning off the toggle for this person so that it switches from green to grey.
How to Block Everyone But One Person On Snapchat Story
How do you block everyone from seeing your Snapchat story and yet allow only one person to view them?
These steps below are also effective when you want to block everyone from seeing your Snapchat story at once.
- Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on “New Story” situated in the “My Stories” tab.
- Tap on “New Private Story” as the story type.
- Tap to select only the name of the one person you want to view the story you’re about to post.
- Tap on the “Create Story” button.
Your story will now be hidden from everyone except for the one person you selected.
Can you Block Someone from Seeing your Snapchat Story After Posting it?
Have you ever posted a Snapchat story and immediately regretted it? Maybe you accidentally included a private conversation or accidentally included someone you didn’t want to see it.
Well, the good news is that you can actually “block” someone from seeing your Snapchat story after you’ve already posted it.
To block someone from seeing your Snapchat story after posting it, simply go to your Snapchat settings and select “My Friends.” From there, you can choose to either remove a friend or block them entirely.
If you choose to block someone, they will no longer be able to see your Snapchat stories or send you snaps.
It’s important to note that blocking someone on Snapchat will also remove them from your friend list, so keep that in mind if you’re only looking to block their access to your stories.
If you just want to remove them from seeing your stories but still want them on your friend list, you can simply remove them from the “My Friends” list.
“I blocked someone from seeing my story on Snapchat but they still saw it – Why this Happens
There could be several reasons why someone you blocked on Snapchat was still able to see your story. Here are a few possible explanations:
- There may have been a glitch in the Snapchat app that caused the block to not work as intended. In this case, you may want to try blocking the person again to see if it resolves the issue. Also, check below as we discuss how to fix it when the Snapchat story block is not working.
- It’s possible that the person you blocked has multiple Snapchat accounts, and they were viewing your story from a different account.
- It’s also possible that someone you blocked was able to see your story because they were included in a group chat with you. If you have shared your story with a group, anyone in the group will be able to see it, even if you have blocked them on your personal account.
How to fix Snapchat Story Block Not Working
Here are five things you can try:
1. Restart your Phone
Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can fix all kinds of issues, including the Snapchat Story block not working. So, try shutting down your phone and turning it back on again to see if that helps.
2. Check your Internet Connection
Snapchat requires a stable internet connection to work properly, so if your internet is spotty, that could be the cause of the issue. Make sure you’re connected to a strong Wi-Fi network or cellular data connection and try using Snapchat again.
You can check how strong your internet connection is using online tools such as fast.com.
3. Install any Pending Updates
If you’re using an outdated version of Snapchat, that could be the cause of the issue. Make sure you have the latest version of the app by checking for updates in the App Store or Google Play Store.
4. Clear the Snapchat App Cache
Clear your cache. Sometimes, all that’s needed to fix the Story block issue is a quick clear of your app’s cache. To do this, go to your phone’s settings, select “Apps,” find Snapchat, and choose “Clear Cache.”
5. Reach out to Snapchat Support
If none of these solutions works, it’s possible there could be a bigger issue with the app. In this case, it’s best to contact Snapchat support for further assistance.